Senior Full Stack Developer
Five & Done is searching for an exceptionally well-rounded Full Stack Developer to help us create thoughtful, strategy-driven, passion-fueled websites, mobile applications, and other digital experiences. The ideal candidate is a tinkerer, someone who likes to take things apart to figure out how they work, and then put them back together to work even better. They will be a technology enthusiast and generalist, with experience covering both front-end and back-end development.
Reporting to the  Director of Development, you’ll use your skills of a developer to identify and implement the best, most efficient, and easy-to-use solutions to our client’s challenges.
On a given day, you might build a data visualization model to be used on a website seen by millions, help architect the CMS that will publish to it, evaluate the technical chops of junior or mid-level developer candidates, prototype an internal concept, or help a fellow developer win a foosball game.
- Collaborate with project and creative leadership to understand our client’s requirements, and then plan the best way to exceed them
- Work with our designers to convert their creative vision into a fully functional, polished experience
- Build web apps with scalable backend
- Deploy product releases to the interwebs, working with our client’s hosting teams, or in our own Docker and AWS environments.
- Connect to an API to retrieve information in a friendly, non-battery consuming, device and client aware way.
- Develop client side code to perform smooth animations, transitions, lazy loading, interactions, application workflows, most of the time taking into consideration progressive enhancement and backwards-compatible standards.
- Help scope new business opportunities, providing technical recommendations and participating in project pitches, as needed
- Manage, oversee, and help grow our junior and mid-level developers
- Stay on top of the latest trends in our industry and suggest ways to keep Five & Done progressive
- You’re a good guy or gal who cares about the wellbeing of your team members.
- You don’t call yourself a front-end dev, or a back-end dev. You’re a healthy mixture of both.
- You’ve got an eye for design and you suggest usability improvements where you see fit.
- You can’t stand releasing a product that’s not a top-notch experience for the user.
- You’re no stranger to Design Patterns.
- You love Laravel.
- Actually, you really love Laravel, but you also love Babel JS because you’re complicated.
- You’ve tried all of the task Runners out there. You’re sticking with Webpack for a while.
- You spin up AWS instances on the regular.
- You can get around a Dockerfile.You hack and tinker with projects on the side.
- You’re interested in learning, or are already experienced in, progressive web app development.
- You have agency experience.
How to apply
This is an on-location role based out of Orange County. Open to domestic relocation only.
Please email us at: