Lead Developer @ Orderswift
Orderswift is the most used food tech company you've never heard of. We power the websites of over 800 restaurants in the UK including the likes of ASK, Zizzi, Jamie's Italian, Harry Ramsden's, Rossopomodoro and many other house hold names. We started the business in 2014 and have built it up bit by bit. Anyone who joins our team is core to our business so we're looking for someone who wants to really step their career up a gear and work with what we think is one of the most exciting technology companies in the UK.
As part of orderswift you will:
- Work directly with our co-founder, Rich, to continue development of our platform.
- Develop our backend and APIs in our current stack (Laravel, MySQL, Ubuntu)
- Work on integrations with outside services such as EPOS companies, CRM systems and delivery APIs.
- Be responsible of our backend services and ability to diagnose and fix sysadmin issues as and when they occur.
- be able to pull data from our database for analytics
- be friendly and comfortable talking with our customers
- be an independent and versatile developer, with the ability to pickup different languages, frameworks and techniques with relative ease
- have experience working with another startup before (would be awesome, it’s cool if not)
- A passion for technology (specifically the trends and technologies).
- Ability to work in a team and independently able to come up with creative solutions.
- Mature and independent, yet able to work within a team to produce truly outstanding products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while maintaining the quality of work.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Good communication, both orally and written.
- Willing to grow within the company, taking on leadership roles as opportunities arise.
- Self motivated.
- Strong understanding of software design principles.
- High proficiency in PHP and MySQL
- Experience with PHP Frameworks (especially Laravel)
- Ability to solve difficult problems in an efficient and elegant way.
- Experience with Unix systems
- Familiarity with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience with test procedures and QA
- Competitive remuneration (£30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience)
- Flexible working hours.
- Relaxed working environment
- Work from home opportunities
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Email your CV and why you think you would fit in well via the apply online button.
We’ll then be reviewing applications and inviting candidates to interview in the coming weeks.
Strictly no recruiters
How to apply
We'd love to hear about the projects you've worked on so send us a quick cover letter to [email protected] with your CV and github account (if you have one).