Engineering Jedi - Remote
Awesome opportunity for a full-stack web application development Jedi with a focus on Laravel and a passion for software engineering to join a successful and globally respected company. Flexibility to work remotely in a European time zone, with a friendly and capable team.
Award Force (www.awardforce.com) is a fast-growing Australian SaaS company, with our flagship B2B product serving hundreds of clients globally, hundreds of thousands of users, and growing.
Our “official headquarters” is in Sydney Australia, but our team is fully remote, distributed worldwide, set-up with all the tools to collaborate effectively across distance and time zones. Our engineering team is in Australia and Europe— we’re currently inviting candidates located anywhere in Europe to apply, to work from your home office or coworking space.
We're looking for an engineer with core strengths in Laravel, database design, and software engineering and architecture. The successful applicant will be a well-rounded engineer, with expertise in server-side technologies and frameworks, but also with the capability to manage sophisticated front-end requirements when needed.
You will be provided with project requirements, UX wireframes, UI design and direction, and be able to implement capably and confidently, with help and advice from senior members of the team.
- 3+ years commercial experience in a software engineering / development role.
- Have worked with Laravel on commercial projects.
- Finesse – attention-to-detail, robust code and pixel perfection. You will be expected to carefully implement complex requirements with a focus on solid architecture, security, and performance.
- Passion – for the internet, open-source, computing, devices, gaming and Star Wars. You’re keen to push the envelope and develop elegant solutions, continuously improving your skills and projects that you work on.
- English fluency is a must.
- Located in a European time zone.
- Able to work as a contractor.
Experience and capabilities
We're more interested in enthusiastic, fast learners, eager to continuously learn and improve skills, than somebody that can tick every one of these boxes - ideally you have a mix of many of the following:
- Software engineering and architecture skills in PHP and importantly, Laravel
- Implemented UIs with clean, semantic HTML5, CSS3, SASS, grid frameworks and responsive web design
- Linux hosting environment, and shell command line familiarity
- Used to Git, collaborating with other developers and working with other people's’ code
What we offer
- Full-time permanent role, based remotely
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Friendly, sociable, responsible team
- Cutting edge, fun and varied engineering requirements
- A supportive and experienced senior team
- An emphasis on collaboration, continuous improvement and skill development
- We’re ready to go when you are, the sooner the better!
- We’ll make sure you’re set up with the equipment you need
Award Force is the industry-leading cloud software for organisers of awards, grants, scholarships and pitch competitions to manage submission, evaluation and award of results, online.
We provide the platform to accept all awards entries/applications, allocate them to judges/evaluators who then do their judging online, all the while providing organisers clear visibility on how their awards are going.
Since launching in Australia late 2013, we’ve had an outstanding market response and we’re now supporting a growing list of clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, North & South America and the Middle East.
Award Force is a beautifully designed, high quality system and we make sure all our clients have a fantastic experience! Our growing team is distributed across 11 cities in 6 countries, mostly working from home offices. We use a range of internet-based tools for communication and collaboration that help our teams work closely over global distance and time zones. We’re an energetic group of intelligent, creative people, driven by high standards and are passionate about creating and delivering exceptional products and services.
How to apply
Please read this part carefully! We get a lot of applications and we don’t want to waste your time, or ours.
- Submission is via the Award Force system, the application will take you about 15-20 minutes.
- We recruit worldwide, for the best talent. If you’re not a rockstar at what you do, please don’t apply. We wish you well, but this is not the role you’re looking for.