Laravel PHP Developer
CE Learning Systems is looking for a mid-to-senior Web Developer to join our small but dedicated team. This is for an employee position. We are not looking to hire a freelancer or agency at this time.
You'll be be developing in PHP 7 using mostly the Laravel framework, working on SaaS products that help mental health professionals and related organizations to be more effective.
The ideal candidate for this job is self-motivated, creative, solution-focused but flexible when asked to make changes when the product owner demands it. You should know how to find the sweet spot between Best and Fast.
This is a remote position open to US-based developers, or in-office if you're in Eugene, Oregon. You’ll need to work regular US business hours. Women, minorities and any members of groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 3+ years experience developing with modern PHP using Laravel or Symfony
- Enjoy (not just tolerate) working in PHP on the server side.
- Able to write maintainable, testable code that addresses problems, not just a spec.
- Willing to ask questions to understand a problem before writing any code. If a spec does not seem to address the problem, you know to seek clarification.
- Strongly self-motivated.
- Able to communicate with clarity and compassion.
- Strong English language skill
- University Bachelor's degree (in any major, but must be verifiable)
- Experience working in a development team
- Familiar with git and related tools
- Comfortable working in both modern code and legacy codebases
Bonus points for:
- Deep experience with testing
- Interest in Go lang
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Competitive salary
- 21 days off + 6 paid holidays per year
- Medical coverage for employee and family, 100% employer-paid (US-based employees only)
- Professional continuing education allowance
- Flexible, sustainable work making a positive impact in the world
How to apply
Please apply here