Advanced Laravel + Vue Full Stack + MySQL Developer - Remote Job
This job opening is for a full time developer for our SaaS application and responsible for the future development of our software. This is a virtual job with no requirement to come into the office.
We are looking for someone that understands the importance of customer feedback and how it can improve a local business. Ideally you are active in the social scene so you understand how consumers search for businesses in today’s online world.
Reputation Loop™ is a reputation management and marketing platform and our goal is to empower local business owners with the ability to control and expand their positive online reputation.
The platform was built to create a "hands-off" approach for business owners, allowing them to focus on their company and customers. To achieve this goal, we are constantly innovating, upgrading, and automating our services and processes.
You initial responsibility will be completing our new ground-up rewrite of Reputation Loop. Next, adding several cool and interesting features such as search.
- Want to develop something that drastically impacts our market.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize efficiently.
- Are a clear communicator
- Passionate about learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies
- Care deeply about clean and functional code
- Are particular about details
- Have a positive attitude
- Value security
Skills & Requirements
- Experience administering production linux environments
- Experience with mobile and integration with apps
- Advanced knowledge of PHP & MySQL
- Love laravel. We are big fans of laravel and lumen and we are working to standardize all of our new - products and with migrating existing ones entirely to laravel
- Experience with Zend Framework is nice to have
- Intermediate LAMP administration, we use Docker locally, we’d love to use it in the cloud
- Experience with git. We’d like to standardize around git flow.
- Experience with architectural structure of web applications
- Strong experience implementing and developing API’s
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-past environment
- Ability or desire to learn end to end testing
- Ability to confidently estimate tasks assigned
What we need from you personally:
- As this position will be remote, good communication is key to ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
- We love to stay on the leading edge of development practices. You must have the drive and motivation to consider and implement new ideas.
- Ability to manage time and target deadlines. We are very honest, and we expect the same from you. If a deadline is going to be missed or is unrealistic, it's always best to let us know as soon as you do so that our client's expectations can be managed effectively.
- Not be afraid to ask for help.
What we expect you to be able to explain/demonstrate:
- Dependency injection and the benefits of using it
- Refactoring and code cleanup. We expect you to leave every bit of code you touch in better shape than when you found it.
- Sensible class inheritance, explain the reasoning behind skinny controllers.
- A sufficient working knowledge of PCRE.
- Explain the difference between a few key design patterns singleton, etc and how they apply to writing clean code.
- ES6 knowledge. Can you explain a promise? Can you make existing callback code into a promise?
- Examples of XSS and SQL injection, and how to mitigate it.
- Big O notation and examples of code speed
Ideally, you know about:
- NPM, browser automation using codecept.js or selenium
- Functional testing using codeception or behat
- Vue2 or React.
- AWS lambda
- Express, hapi or similar
We target a minimum of 40 hours per week. We are looking for someone that can work during US hours Monday through Friday
How to apply
This is a remote position!
Please email resume and salary history to [email protected]