Senior Software Engineer, financial applications
Only the passionate need apply.
We're looking for much more than qualified applicants.
We want individuals who believe that anything worthy of their effort is worthy of their best effort. That anything we produce should not merely compete but truly dominate its category.
Kasasa employees are dedicated to helping community banks and credit unions compete and win. Like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopylae, we stand together and inspire others to join us in our mission.
Stronger as a whole and united by core values, we are more than a team. We are a phalanx. Are you ready to join an amazing group of people who genuinely love their jobs, in an environment that inspires greatness?
Our Benefits Include:
- Working for one of the Best Places to Work in South Florida!
- Open Paid Time Off
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Spartan Development Plan
- Love Fund - established as a way for Spartans to give back to their co-workers in need
- 11 paid Holidays
- Bar Camps - Internal groups for like-minded employees to support any cause or common goals
- YouEarnedIt - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways
- Philanthropic and Community Support
- Sponsored Volunteer Days
Health & Welfare
- PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Kasasa
- Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Kasasa
- 401K plan with matching contributions
- Flex Accounts - Medical and Dependent
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, integration, testing and successful delivery of software product features and sub-systems at Kasasa. He/she will spend the majority of time developing clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable code while embodying the Patch Values. This position will participate as a member of a cross-functional agile team consisting of software engineers and product managers.
- Infuse the Patch Values into your work ethic, every day and every interaction
- Write code following TDD practices to achieve the highest practical unit, integration and acceptance test coverage
- Responsible for the code from inception through deployment to integration, UAT, staging and production environments
- Lead the design and implementation of features
- Perform code reviews of others’ design and code
- Participate in architectural reviews and discussions and proposes improvements and solutions
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Pair program with other engineers to share knowledge, improve the code, and develop features
- Works closely with the Product Owner to groom user stories - estimating, providing detail, and adding acceptance criteria
- Help establish and improve software engineering standards and best practices and share knowledge with peers
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of experience in software engineering, including at least one MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Laravel)
- Excellent understanding of memory management, garbage collection, and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience building, debugging and maintaining enterprise SaaS web applications using mainstream languages like Java or PHP
- Experience with ORMs (e.g. Hibernate, Eloquent)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- Experience with application servers (e.g. JBoss)
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design
- Superb troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery in an agile software development environment
- Experience with git, code reviews, code merge issues, and pull requests
- Passion for leadership, learning and mentoring others
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell programming
- Experience with data security and PCI compliance
- AWS experience is preferred
- Experience building software for banking and financial systems highly preferred