SENIOR PHP FULL STACK DEVELOPER
GEMTech is looking for a remote Senior Full-Stack Developer for a permanent position
We are a small start-up with a distributed team that helps our hotel, resort, and casino clients book activities with our advanced guest experience management product.
We are currently investing heavily into our technology and are planning to launch an updated version in 2017. We are looking for a senior level PHP Full Stack Developer to build and support our web application. We have a lot of work to do and we need someone to help us create what we have imagined
- You enjoy having complete ownership of your work and time as you will be working remotely with little supervision going through our backlog in Jira.
- You will be managing the full PHP code base including front and back end design depending on the issue being addressed
- You will be managing all Unit Testing on your own
Our stack includes PHP4 & PHP5 (legacy that needs to be replaced), Pear framework (legacy to be replaced with Laravel), Apache2, Nginx, RDS MySQL, EC2 (Ubuntu).
Initial work will be in updating the legacy code to more modern techniques and components.
- Able to provide estimates and time worked data
- Experienced working with GIT workflow
- Experience with Jira
- Expert knowledge of PHP (5.6+ / 7+) and Laravel
- Expert knowledge of MySQL
- Experience in implementing designs from mockups
- Experienced with modern frontend tooling and workflow
- Experience in Linux
Nice to haves
- Experience migrating away from Pear
- Experience in PHP 4
- Experienced working with remote team
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on a new product and take control of the code base
- Competitive compensation
- Equity options
- Freedom to work wherever you want
How to apply
Send a copy of your resume to [email protected]