Web / PHP developer
BASED at Electric Wharf, COVENTRY, UK £20,000-35,000 DOE Full-time (37.5 hours per week) OFFICE BASED IN THE UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Web Developer to join a well-established digital software house based out of modern offices in Coventry. The suitable candidate is someone who would embrace working with a forward thinking, creative and sociable outfit. You will be joining a small team focusing on creating ideas into reality.
As a Web Developer you will predominately focus on new developments and the project pipeline has never looked so vibrant. Projects you will be contributing to will be for existing as well as new clients across a diverse range of industries - no two days will be the same. You will be responsible for prioritising your own workload, working across multiple projects and liaising with clients. Working as part of the creative team to deliver high quality solutions with attention to detail reporting to the Technical Lead. If you are willing to learn new skills, have the drive to take on new challenges and make things happen then we want to hear from you.
Image+ is a dynamic organisation that values innovative thinkers, encourages you to contribute and embraces bleeding edge technology. We strive to create a relaxed and fun atmosphere where you enjoy coming to work.
- Degree in computing discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong PHP and database design skills
- Understanding of the LAMP/LEMP stack
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Technical problem solving skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to articulate your thinking of technical solutions to other members of the team
- Able to prioritise workload and work on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent communication skills and ability to professionally liaise with clients
- Interest in self-development
Nice to haves:
- TDD, BDD and PHPUnit.
- Knowledge of Magento
- Knowledge of the Bootstrap Framework
- Knowledge of CakePHP
- Knowledge of Laravel
- Knowledge of Wordpress or other (Drupal, CraftCMS, WolfCMS)
- Unix Cli
- Git Version Control
- Composer / NPM
- Server Architecture (Load balancers, Firewalls, Provisioning)
These are an added bonus but on the job training and development will be available in all.
- Ability to make a break of at least 10 break in snooker (full size table in the office)
- 20 days annual leave plus public holidays increasing each year
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pension contribution
- Pizza Tuesdays (last Tuesday in the month)
- Greggs (breakfast) every Friday
Our sites: www.apps-plus.co.uk www.image-plus.co.uk
How to apply
Please email your CV to [email protected] with a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this position.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU CAN WORK FROM OUR OFFICE IN COVENTRY 5 DAYS A WEEK
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES