Seasoned PHP Developer for Good
MOD-Lab specializes in working collaboratively with nonprofits to enhance their communications through website design, website development, and print design.
We are a distributed team with a home base in Brooklyn, NY. The organizations we work for inspire us everyday with their commitment to doing good.
We are looking for a skilled and seasoned PHP or Full Stack Developer with significant Laravel experience to work with us on a variety of projects to build and support web applications, integrations with third party APIs and custom CMS plugins.
- Successful and demonstratable delivery of multiple web applications written in PHP
- Excellent communication skills (direct client communication experience a plus)
- Agency experience (small or large)
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Quick learner, efficient implementer, and meticulous about quality (strong QA skills and ability to think about how issues/changes may effect other test cases/functionality cases and pro-actively address them)
- Must be available for regular work during the business day Eastern time zone.
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Expert knowledge of Laravel
- Experience with other PHP frameworks a plus (CodeIgniter and Yii)
- Experience with Templating frameworks (Twig and Blade)
- Experience working with proprietary code
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass (Bourbon suite, Foundation, ...)
- Git & Gitflow
- Experience with LAMP server setup and administration (Unique technologies like Sphinx search)
- You love the command line
- Custom development for CMS platforms a plus (ExpressionEngine, Craft, Statamic, and/or Wordpress plugins/modules/addons)
Freelance Partner We have a collection of project work with an expectation of about 15-20hrs per week through spring along with additional opportunities for more hours both leading up to and beyond spring.
How to apply
Independent Candidates only! - No firms/agencies please.
If interested in enhancing our team, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Hourly Rate
- Portfolio or details about your work/projects
- Tell what type of work/gigs your are looking for