Seeking Full Time Laravel Developers
Bonk Studios seeks Laravel developers to join the team. Before we bore you with the requirements of this position, why Bonk Studios?
- We are a small team that throws out the politics, and focuses on developing great technology.
- Adapting the SCRUM Methodology, your voice will always be heard, and your strengths will be utilized.
- Each year, you will be flown out for a business vacation, and getting to meet the team. This year, we went to Hilton Head, SC.
- Being able to work with the freedom of a contractor, but the stability of an employee gives you the best of both worlds. Never hustle finding gigs as a freelancer, yet being able to program in your underoos. At Bonk Studios, you will always have 40 hours of work each week. This always has been and always will be the case. No more hustling to find gigs!
- Sick of writing emails back and forth? We utilize slack, and a bug tracking system to communicate. This leaves more time to focus on developing great applications, and posting funny pictures!
Now that you know a little bit about our team and how we operate, what skills are essential to join Bonk Studios?
- Must be proficient with Laravel 5.1.+
- Knowledgeable with Git version control.
- Comfortable using Twitter Bootstrap.
- Understanding of setting up RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable using MySQL. We have a database administrator on the team, but you should know your way around a database.
- Comfortable using jQuery.
- Must be a team player, great communicator, and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Master of time management.
- Strong desire to always increase your skill set and adapt to new technologies.
Other skills that are a big plus:
- Knowledgeable with SCRUM Methodology. If you have never practiced this, we can help you.
- Codeigniter knowledge. Our biggest site is currently in Codeigniter, but we are moving away from this Framework. Having knowledge of this framework enough to convert it over to Laravel would be highly recommended.
This contract may be very demanding at the beginning to make sure the developer gets up to speed with the programming languages, expansive code, etc. The contractor should expect to put in as much time as needed to fit what Bonk Studios is looking for.
From time to time, Bonk Studios and the team will be flown out to visit clients to go over projects. The contractor should be available for this.
Note: This is a contracting position. No benefits will be given, nor will any taxes be with held. We are only looking for people based in the USA at this time.
How to apply
To submit an application, please visit our website: